We may make changes to this Statement from time to time and it is important that you check this Statement for any updates. If we make changes we consider to be important, we will let you know by placing a notice / sending an email.
This Statement was last updated on 25 May 2018.
How we use the personal data we collectWe collect, use, disclose, transfer and store personal data when needed to provide our services and for our operational and business purposes as described in this Statement. We want to be clear about our privacy practices so you can make informed choices about the use of your personal data. You can contact us at any time with questions or concerns.
We use your personal data to provide you with the services you request through the Website and Platform in order to perform our contractual obligations in relation to those services, to keep in touch with you, to provide you with information about the products you trade and manage your account. We may also use your personal information to market our products and services to people like you. We will notify you separately if we process your personal data for any other purpose and, if required, ask for your consent.
Creating an account and registering on the PlatformWhen you create an account on the Website, we require you to provide your first and last name, email address, phone number. We use this data to set up and administer your Bitcoin News Trader account, provide technical and customer support and send you important account, subscription and service data via email or through the Platform.
How do we use the InformationBitcoin News Trader may use information for any one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide the services and products to you as a Client.
- To maintain your personal profile.
- To manage your account.
- To contact you when necessary in relation to the services provided to you.
- To keep you updated with useful information, marketing material and with regards to your activities with BTCNewsTrader, including your trading activity.
- To manage the services provided to you.
- To manage the products provided to you and to tailor the website or services provided.
- To develop products and services provided to you.
- To provide you with information that we may believe are relevant to you.
- To create statistical data.
If it is necessary to use your personal data for any other service you may request whilst using the Platform, we'll tell you how we will use your personal data at the time (probably, with a pop up notice) and if there are any additional terms and conditions which will apply. You will be asked to confirm you agree to these additional terms and conditions before your application can proceed.
We may send you information by SMS, push notification, email or in-app notification about our products, services and offers we think would be of interest to you.
If you receive email communications from us about the market or your activity on the platform and don't want to in the future, please use the unsubscribe link within the email and we will stop sending you this information via email. Alternatively, when you are logged into your account you can manage your preferences by going to the "Settings" tab and selecting if you wish to receive updates from us via these channels. You can change these preferences at any time.
PersonalisationWe use personal data such as your location and alike to deliver tailored content such as our Website or the Platform in your language, if available. We also use it to determine the third party service provider (the Broker) to which your data will be passed on for account creation when you enter the data and agree to Terms & Conditions on our Website.
Contacting us by email or via Live ChatWhen you email us (through the Contact Us page) or use the Live Chat feature, you may be requested to provide some additional personal data, like your name and email address. We will use this data to respond to your query and verify your identity. Emails used for contacting the support are stored in a standard internal contact systems which are secure and cannot be accessed by external parties.
Our legal obligationsWe will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements.
How you can contact usWe may be required to retain and use personal data to meet our internal and external audit requirements, for data security purposes and as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with our obligations under applicable law and regulations, which may include laws and regulations outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to monitor compliance with and enforce our Platform terms and conditions; (d) to carry out anti-money laundering, sanctions or Know Your Customer checks as required by applicable laws and regulations; or (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, or those of other persons. We may also be required to use and retain personal data after you have closed your Bitcoin News Trader account for legal, regulatory and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or fraud prevention. We also collect and process non-personal, anonymised data for statistical purposes and analysis and to help us provide a better service.
When we share personal dataWe share or disclose your personal data when necessary to provide services or conduct our business operations as described below. When we share personal data, we do so in accordance with applicable data privacy laws and our internal security standards. Below are the parties with whom we may share personal data and why.
Our third-party service providers:We partner with and are supported by service providers. We will make personal data available to our service providers only when necessary to fulfil the services they provide to us, such as the Brokers, system and platform support; direct marketing services; cloud hosting services; advertising including affiliate advertising; data analytics; and order fulfilment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal data we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us.
The Brokers may share some of the data they obtain from you with us, such as the account balance and number of trades. This data is essential for the functioning of our platform and provision of our service.
Affiliate Marketing:We have an affiliate marketing programme called TrustBucks which is a commercial arrangement whereby third parties promote Bitcoin News Trader and its products and services in return for a fee. We do not share your personal data with these third parties.
Third parties for legal reasons:We will share personal data when we believe it is required, such as:
- To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
- In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- To protect our rights, users, systems and services.
International transfers of personal dataYour personal data may be sent, stored and/or used in a country outside European Economic Area (EEA) which does not offer the same level of protection as the EEA. When you give us your personal data, you agree to us doing this.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is kept secure and protected in accordance with our legal obligations and standards. If this is not possible, for example because we are required by law to disclose data, we will ensure that the sharing of the data is lawful.
Obtaining a copy of your personal data and correcting mistakesWe respect your right to access and control your personal data. We will respond to requests for personal data and, where applicable, will correct, amend or delete your personal data.
- Access to personal data: We will give you access to your personal data (including a copy or the ability for us to send your personal data to another provider) on request, unless any relevant legal requirements or technical ability prevent us from doing so or other exemptions apply. Before providing access to you, we will ask you to prove your identity and give us sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data.
- Correction and deletion: You have the right to correct or amend your personal data if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request us to delete your personal data. If you request that we delete your personal data this will result in the automatic closure of your account and we will remove your personal data from active processing. However, we will be required to maintain your personal data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements as well as in accordance with our internal compliance requirements in relation to maintaining records.
- In some other certain circumstances you can ask us to stop processing your personal data. However, this may result in us being unable to continue to provide you with access to the Platform.
Data securityWe are committed to safeguarding and protecting personal data and will implement and maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to protect any personal data provided to us from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
Data retentionWe will only retain your personal data for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes subject to a maximum of seven years. In determining data retention periods, we take into account local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal data, we securely delete or destroy it.